The Kaspersky Security Bulletin 2013, issued recently by
The study, e-mailed to The
In terms of local malware infection,
Malware is a type of software that is intended to damage or disable computers and computer systems.
In terms of the possibility of computers becoming infected through the Internet,
Internet penetration in
According to the report,
The top five countries where users face the highest risk of local infection are
The report said the number of computer users prone to be victims of malware is on the rise globally, as 315,000 new malicious files are detected every day.
The overall global Internet threat level grew by 6.9 percentage points in 2013, with 41.6 per cent of computers around the world attacked, the report said.
The US and
Most malicious mobile apps principally aimed to steal money and subsequently personal data, according to the bulletin.
Android is still the main target, attracting 98.05 per cent of known malware.
In terms of top malicious programmes involved in web attacks on users' computers, Malicious URL topped the list and was followed by Trojan.Script.Generic, AdWare.Win32.MegaSearch.am, Trojan.Script.Iframer and Exploit.Script.Blocker.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder