CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says China has given his country $5 billion in credits under a deal reached in September. Maduro said Saturday the money will be used for fields such as housing, transportation, satellite technology and the military. Venezuela's leftist government has received roughly $36 billion from China since 2008, and is paying for it with petroleum exports.
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California