TORONTO - The Standard-and-Poor's/T-S-X index jumped 69.96 points to 13,587.98. Volume at 4:15 p.m. E-T was 179.66 (m) million shares. Eleven of the 13 closed higher, led by gold at 157.89 points, up 1.63 per cent. Information technology led the decliners at 35.06 points, down 1.21 to points. The T-S-X 60 index was up 4.75 points at 782.71 points. ( T1e Canadian Press ) JDT ( The Canadian Press )
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels