LOS ANGELES (AP) — The "Today" show is ending the year on a nostalgic note.
NBC says that former "Today" anchors Jane Pauley and Bryant Gumbel will join Matt Lauer for Monday's show.
Gumbel left the morning program in 1997 after 15 years, and Pauley exited in 1989 after a 13-year tenure. They were co-anchors for seven years.
Pauley isn't a stranger to "Today": She returns each month for a segment that looks at Americans older than 50 who start new careers.
NBC is controlled by Comcast Corp.
Most Popular Stories
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study