BARDO (TAP) - The National Constituent Assembly (NCA) passed, on Saturday afternoon, a guarantee agreement between Tunisia and the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD). Under this agreement signed on June 19, 2013 , the AFESD grants the Tunisian Chemical Group (GCT) a loan of about 125 million dinars (22 million Kuwaiti dinars), repayable over 22 years with a four-year grace period and an interest rate of 3%. The loan is intended to co-finance a new super-triphosphate production unit in Mdhilla, Gafsa region. The project with a cost estimated at 500 million Tunisian dinars (MTD) aims to increase the production of quality fertilisers and reduce the emission of gas and harmful dust during the transport and processing of the super tri-phosphate. The super tri-phosphate production, to be set up in Mdhilla near the factory Mdhilla 1, will ensure an annual production of nearly 380 thousand tons. Mdhilla 1 produces 120 thousand tons per year. A unit for the production of concentrated sulphuric acid with a capacity of 1,800 tons per day, will also be established. This unit will be equipped with a co-generation system that will help produce nearly 22 megawatt of electricity per hour. A second unit for the production of phosphoric acid with a capacity of 600 tons per day will also be created under the same project.
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California