The world's two largest TV makers will display ultra-HD TVs with curved screens that measure 267cm diagonally in
The South Korean TV makers began selling curved TV sets earlier this year, made with advanced displays called OLED and measuring 139.7cm.
The upcoming premium TVs set will be made of LCD panels packing more than 11 million pixels, 5 120 pixels wide and 2 160 pixels high. But not much video content is available for the ultra-HD TV sets.
TV makers hope the launch of the new hardware technology will fuel growth of content.
Asian TV makers are trying to excite shoppers with new display technology. But limited video content in ultra-HD resolution and price tags will probably limit appeal. Samsung and LG kept mum on prices. - Sapa-AP
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy