Jay Z, Robert Downey Jr. and Kristen Stewart declined to appear on Barbara Walters' "Most Fascinating People" program, Hollywood's RadarOnline said Thursday.
"The real story behind the show is who turned down a sit-down with the interview queen for her annual special," a source told the entertainment news website.
"Typically, Barbara very carefully starts approaching people in September for the special, but she always accounts for getting turned down by some of her interview targets," the insider said. "They start with 30 names and narrow it down to get all the interviews done for Thanksgiving."
Hip-hop mogul Jay Z, film star Downey Jr. and actress Stewart all turned Walters down this year, the report said.
"Kristen hates being interviewed -- by anybody -- with a passion," the source said. "But it's interesting that Jay's primary disciple Kanye West ended up on the special with Kim Kardashian."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June