The Financial Accounting Standards Board issued a proposal intended 10 ini prove finaoieial reporting aooui public and private development stage entities. The proposal would elim'nate the distinction of bang a development stage entity-as well as its related disclosure requirements-within U.S GAAFt This would address stakeholder concerns about the cost and relevance oS the additional presentation requirements specific to development stage cnlitics. Many development stage entities with multiple products under development do not intend to ever manulacture a single pred jet, but rather, may periodically sell the research and development to another business. Pfiarmaceuticat. biotechnology and technology industries are most tikely to have longterm development sLage entities affected by These requirements and it's common for many of These entities ;o remain in the development stage for several years or even in perpetuity. The comment period ends Dec. 23 . Lean more at www. catena .0 rq/FASB dse.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law