From: 30/01/2014 To: 30/01/2014 Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia The African Development Bank's High-Level Panel on Fragile States will launch on Thursday, January 30, 2014 in Addis Ababa the report on Partnerships for Resilient States and Societies: Overcoming Fragility in Africa . Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf , the chair of the panel, and President Donald Kaberuka of the African Development Bank will address the African Heads of States at the forthcoming African Union Summit on January 30 . The two Presidents will jointly launch the report of the High-Level Panel on Fragile States, which concluded its work after almost a year of country consultations, reviews of emerging trends in conflict and fragility as well as discussions with the key partners and regional economic communities. The High-Level Panel on Fragile States says that peaceful transitions in Africa need an urgent attention to youth employment, safe urban and rural communities, and sharing of natural resources wealth. They call for a concerted and consolidated effort by all partners and countries together to increase their efforts to address drivers of fragility and promote regional integration and through creative public-private partnerships to manage Africa's transitions peacefully. The panel also recommends that the African Development Bank increase its commitment to support AU leadership on political and security transitions and governance standards, in partnership with the regional economic communities (RECs), United Nations , International financial institutions (IFIs), regional and non-regional providers of assistance, and civil society.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'