Game of Thrones has been the most illegally downloaded TV show with 5.9 million downloaded via BitTorrent, for the second year in a row.
According to piracy site TorrentFreak, the data suggests that more viewers watched the HBO fantasy drama's Season Three finale on the popular peer-to-peer file sharing site than by legal means in the US.
The show pipped AMC's 'Breaking Bad' with 4.2 million downloads and 'The Walking Dead' with 3.6 million downloads, the New York Post reports.
Other TV shows which made it to BitTorrent's top 10 list for 2013 were CBS' 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'How I Met Your Mother'; Showtime's 'Dexter' and 'Homeland'; History's 'Vikings'; USA's 'Suits'; NBCs 'Hanniibal': and The CW's 'Arrow'.
Original headline: Game of Thrones 'most illegally downloaded TV show' for second year in row
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go