Game of Thrones has been the most illegally downloaded TV show with 5.9 million downloaded via BitTorrent, for the second year in a row.
According to piracy site TorrentFreak, the data suggests that more viewers watched the HBO fantasy drama's Season Three finale on the popular peer-to-peer file sharing site than by legal means in the US.
The show pipped AMC's 'Breaking Bad' with 4.2 million downloads and 'The Walking Dead' with 3.6 million downloads, the New York Post reports.
Other TV shows which made it to BitTorrent's top 10 list for 2013 were CBS' 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'How I Met Your Mother'; Showtime's 'Dexter' and 'Homeland'; History's 'Vikings'; USA's 'Suits'; NBCs 'Hanniibal': and The CW's 'Arrow'.
Original headline: Game of Thrones 'most illegally downloaded TV show' for second year in row
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes