Game of Thrones has been the most illegally downloaded TV show with 5.9 million downloaded via BitTorrent, for the second year in a row.
According to piracy site TorrentFreak, the data suggests that more viewers watched the HBO fantasy drama's Season Three finale on the popular peer-to-peer file sharing site than by legal means in the US.
The show pipped AMC's 'Breaking Bad' with 4.2 million downloads and 'The Walking Dead' with 3.6 million downloads, the New York Post reports.
Other TV shows which made it to BitTorrent's top 10 list for 2013 were CBS' 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'How I Met Your Mother'; Showtime's 'Dexter' and 'Homeland'; History's 'Vikings'; USA's 'Suits'; NBCs 'Hanniibal': and The CW's 'Arrow'.
Original headline: Game of Thrones 'most illegally downloaded TV show' for second year in row
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World