The Minister for Finance Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar here on Thursday met a delegation of Bank Credit Suisse at his office and told them that macro-economic indicators have started showing improvement. While talking to the delegation the Finance Minister said that the Government is now focusing its attention on building Foreign Exchange Reserves. In this connection, he said the government is working on various plans including floating of sovereign bonds, increasing remittances and disinvestment of Public Sector Entities. The Finance Minister thanked Credit Suisse for participating in a consortium for providing Balance of Payment loan of $225m . The Finance Minister said that macro-economic indicators have started showing improvement as a result of measures taken by the present government. This he said along with a conducive environment was reflected by a booming Stock Exchange and a positive outlook by Overseas International Chamber of Commerce which presents investors a unique opportunity to invest in Pakistan . The Finance Minister expressed the confidence that Foreign Exchange Reserves position of the country would soon start improving. The delegation apprised the Finance Minister of rising interest of International Capital Markets in Pakistan . There is a very strong appetite for holding Pakistanís Securities as is reflected in continuously declining yields on Pakistanís existing bonds listed abroad. The investor is looking forward to the planned issue of Pakistan Euro -Bonds and the initiatives for accessing international markets, they said. The meeting was attended by Arif Habib , Chairman Arif Habib Securities , Ali Naqvi Managing Director Equities - Asia , Hong Kong , Rehan Anwar Managing Director Investment Banking, Singapore, Abbas MD Credit Suisse, and Senior officials of the Ministry of Finance .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?