NNA - The Disaster Risk Management Unit of the Lebanese government held on Friday an emergency meeting following the assassination of former Minister Mohammad Shatah . The unit met upon the call of outgoing Premier Najib Mikati , under the chairmanship of the general secretary of the Higher Defense Council Gen. Mohammad Kheir , due to Mikati's absence. Conferees tackled the repercussions of the Beirut Downtown blast that targeted former Minister Mohammad Shatah and claimed the lives of at least 5 and wounded 70 others. A delegation of the Unit inspected the scene to determine the size of damages and adopt necessary measures. ======================L.W.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again