Giorgi Kadagidze, president of National Bank of Georgia (NBG), declared that banking sector continued stable and healthy development in 2013. During the year, assets of commercial banks increased by 18% and amounted to 17 billion lari, he pointed. Ongoing financial stability is ensured, as well as in middle and long term periods, Kadagidze declared. During the year, deposits increased by 25%, at that, deposits, placed in lari, increased by 50%, he pointed. "Such growth of deposits indicates high confidence, existing towards the banking sector", NBG president declared at the summarizing press conference today. Regarding loans, Kadagidze said that growth of lending was within 15%. Besides, Kadagidze pointed at recent significant development of micro-financial sector, which total assets reached 800 million lari.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?