It's no news that Congress has long been a favorite target of Americans for as long as there has been a United States.
According to a CNN poll, the loathing of the Legislative Branch has never been higher, however.
Their poll found a whopping two-thirds of Americans now believe that this is the worst Congress in their lifetime, with equal loathing found across the political spectrum.
Although control of the House of Representatives and Senate has been divided many times throughout our nation's past, the poll results indicate that never before has their been a universal dislike of Congress as a whole.
Three-fourths of those questioned said that Congress hasn't done enough to address the nation's problems, with an almost equal percentage of people blaming Republicans (54 percent) as Democrats (52 percent).
"That sentiment exists among all demographic and political subgroups. Men, women, rich, poor, young, old -- all think this year's Congress has been the worst they can remember," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "Older Americans -- who have lived through more congresses -- hold more negative views of the 113th Congress than younger Americans. Republicans, Democrats and independents also agree that this has been the worst session of Congress in their lifetimes."
Original headline: The worst Congress ever? CNN poll finds conservatives, liberals agree on something
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'