Following is the text of press note issued by
The Minister of State for IT Ms.
The Minister stated that in the past PCB and EGD focused on the procurement of hardware instead of development of software's and directed that PCB and EGD may only continue the useful and productive IT Projects. The Minister further ordered complete internal audit of these projects in order to find out financial irregularities and administrative lapses. The internal audit of the project has been completed.
In this regard, Secretary (IT) called a meeting today to review the internal audit report. In the meeting, he constituted an inquiry committee to further review the said internal audit report in order to fix the specific roles of each delinquent official/officer, who were attached with these projects by one way or the other and also come up with the recommendations so that the responsible individuals could be proceeded against, as per law.
The Minister of IT Ms.
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?