?The smartphone market is expected to grow at 30%. With the Lumia 500, 502 and 503, we have a strong range. We have had nine launches in the last 11 months
Over the last few years, the camera has become not just an integral part but a diffferentiating aspect mobile handsets in the
How does Nokia plan to maintain a balance between feature phones and smartphones?
Well, we'll be there in all three actually. Nokia has a large consumer base which we want to keep engaged to ensure that they get the benefits of latest technology; it's a matter of time before they start graduating to hi-tech phones.
Today smartphone has reached the
How important has the camera become in a handset?
The 7650 was the first camera phone we introduced. Capturing memories... that has always been extremely important to consumers. Over the years, we have innovated our imaging capabilities. First it was capturing the moment; now, it is the quality of the moment captured. I doubt if there are many consumers who will buy a phone without a camera. It's not just megapixel size but what kind of effects you can have. These effects come at different price-points.
How is the Nokia-Microsoft deal working out?
It is under formalisation. It is in for approvals across various regulators. The process is expected to be completed in the next quarter. Currently, we are operating as Nokia and as
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?