Employees in private sector institutions and companies will get a paid holiday on January 1 , Labour Minister Saqr Ghobash said. Federal ministries and private entities in the UAE will remain closed Jan 1, 2014 , to mark the new year. A circular in this connection was issued Wednesday by Humaid bin Mohammed Obaid Al Qattami , minister of education and chairman of the Federal Authority for Government Human Resources . Employees in private sector institutions and companies will get a paid holiday January 1 , Labour Minister Saqr Ghobash said. Financial markets and the Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange will also remain closed on the first day of the new year, the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March