TOKYO , Dec. 26 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The U.S. dollar moved around the mid-104 yen range early Thursday in Tokyo , slightly up from its level Wednesday in Tokyo . At 9 a.m. , the dollar fetched 104.51-55 yen, compared with 104.40-42 yen in Tokyo at 5 p.m. Wednesday . Financial markets in New York were closed Wednesday for Christmas Day . The euro was quoted at $1.3671-3673 and 142.87-90 yen against $1.3674-3677 and 142.77-81 yen in Tokyo late Wednesday afternoon. The dollar moved narrowly in the lower 104 yen level in thin trading Wednesday in Tokyo as many players were away for a Christmas holiday.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign