Today Wall Street opened in green territories ahead of Christmas break after further cheerful reports that were released today and of course last week Fed's decision of cutting back on its asset purchases program In fact today a report revealed better than projected data but this time from the housing sector to once again add to signs that the U.S economy is strengthening and accordingly justify further last week's Fed decision. In fact the US Department of Commerce`s Census Bureau showed us today that the nation's new home sales for the month of November came in at 464 thousand; above the projected reading of 440 thousand yet below the prior revised reading of 474 thousand or 17.6% from 444 thousand or 25.4%. While that earlier the day durable goods orders in the U.S. climbed more than expected in November on broad based gains after a surprising drop the month before. Bookings for durable goods that are expected live at least three years, rose 3.5 percent from a revised drop of 0.7 percent in October, the Commerce Department in Washington said on Wednesday. Analysts had expected a 2.0 percent rise. Accordingly the gold is so far trading at $1202.05 an ounce recording a high of $1202.75 an ounce and a low of $1196.15 an ounce while that the crude is currently trading around $99.12 a barrel recording a high of $99.25 a barrel and a low of $98.60 a barrel. As of 10:05 am New York time the Dow Jones rose by 32.01 points or 0.20% to 16326.62 and the S&P climbed by 1.67 points or 0.09% while that the Nasdaq Composite changed slightly by 0.58 points or -0.01% to 4148.31.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels