TORONTO - The Standard-and-Poor's/T-S-X index advanced 48.10 points to 13,447.70. Volume at 4:15 p.m. E-T was 233.09 (m) million shares. Ten of the 13 subgroups closed higher, led by information technology at 35.38 points. That's a gain of 0.63 per cent. Gold led the decliners at 150.20 points, down 0.77 per cent. The T-S-X 60 index was up 3.41 points at 773.99. ( T1e Canadian Press ) JDT ( The Canadian Press )
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?