Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Biotechnology Center, "To evaluate the oral applicability of this vaccine candidate, two experiments were performed. In the first one, the resistance of the vector itself to mucosal environment was tested in mice. Cucumber mosaic virus particles fed to mice were able to elicit specific mucosal and serum antibody production. In the second experiment, recombinant cucumber mosaic virus fed to piglets resulted in the appearance of porcine circovirus specific serum antibodies. The vector proved to be able to survive in the gastrointestinal tract, so that an epitope expressed on its surface could induce specific immune response."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "These results indicate that the developed plant virus based expression system offers an effective method for mucosal vaccine production."
For more information on this research see: Oral Immunogenicity Of A Plant Virus Vector Based Porcine Circovirus Antigen - Short Communication. Acta Veterinaria Hungarica, 2013;61(4):547-552. Acta Veterinaria Hungarica can be contacted at: Akademiai Kiado Rt, Prielle K U 19, PO Box 245, H-1117
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting K. Tombacz, Agr Biotechnol Center, H-2101 Godollo,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?