Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "Although there is no effective therapy, a number of experimental strategies have been developed over recent years and some of them are undergoing clinical investigation. In this review, we highlight recent developments and key challenges for strategies based upon gene replacement and gene/expression repair, including exon-skipping, vector-mediated gene therapy and cell therapy."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Therapeutic strategies for different forms of muscular dystrophy are discussed, with an emphasis on Duchenne muscular dystrophy, given the severity and the relatively advanced status of clinical studies for this disease."
For more information on this research see: Repair or replace? Exploiting novel gene and cell therapy strategies for muscular dystrophies.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S.
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology, Biomedicine,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress