Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from University ORT Uruguay, "We discuss some necessary characteristics of such proof assistant and subsequently present the design and implementation of our own version of it. This incorporates several novel features, such as the display and edition of derivations as trees, the use of meta-theorems (derived rules) as lemmas, and the possibility of maintaining a set of draft trees that can be inserted into the main derivation as needed. The assistant checks the validity of each edition operation as performed."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "So far, it has been implemented for propositional logic and (quite satisfactorily) put into practice in courses of Logic for Software Engineering and Information Systems programs."
For more information on this research see: Proof Assistant Based on Didactic Considerations.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset