Antonio Zamarripa , a vice president for BBVA Compass' Commercial Banking group in Houston , was recently named Young Executive of the Year by the Camara de Empresarios Latinos de Houston at the organization's annual gala. The Camara de Empresarios Latinos de Houston is a nonprofit chamber of commerce formed in 1994 by Latin American immigrant entrepreneurs. Zamarripa joined the bank in 2011 and manages a portfolio of commercial and industrial clients, including those in the manufacturing, engineering and oil field services industries. Earlier this year, he worked with the Camara de Empresarios Latinos de Houston to help relocate its offices to a 6,000-square-foot space inside a BBVA Compass branch on Harrisburg Boulevard in Houston's East End . "In the last few years, Tony has given his time to help build a stronger Hispanic business community in Houston ," said HipÓlito Acosta, the chamber's chairman. "We're very thankful having him as a member and we appreciate all his efforts to find space for us where we will continue to educate, guide and serve our members." A Brownsville native and University of Houston graduate, Zamarripa received a Master of Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas . Zamarripa is an active member of the chamber as well as of the Consejo Empresarial Mexicano de Houston and The Entrepreneurship Institute . He is currently an event leadership committee member and supporter of ALSAC/ St. Jude Children's Research Hospital .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?