The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research from UGent, "The synthetic biology approach will not only give rise to systems with new functionalities, but will also improve the robustness and speed of their response towards applied signals. To this end, the development of new genetic circuits has to be guided by computational design methods that enable to tune and optimize the circuit response. As the successful design of genetic circuits is highly dependent on the quality and reliability of its composing elements, intense characterization of standard biological parts will be crucial for an efficient rational design process in the development of new genetic circuits. Microengineered devices can thereby offer a new analytical approach for the study of complex biological parts and systems."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "By summarizing the recent techniques in creating new synthetic circuits and in integrating biology with microdevices, this review aims at emphasizing the power of combining synthetic biology with microfluidics and microelectronics."
For more information on this research see: Synthetic Biology and Microdevices: A Powerful Combination.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting L. Venken, UGent,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying