Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, "The activity assay of MGMT is firstly accomplished using a hairpin-structured DNA substrate to offer a specific recognition site on the substrate DNA for restriction endonuclease PvuII, and thus to initiate the first endonuclease reaction. The product which activates the second endonuclease reaction allows an efficient amplification approach to create an abundance of fluorescence signal reporters. The first endonuclease reaction offers the method high specificity and the second one furnishes the assay improved sensitivity. The results reveal that the MGMT assay strategy shows dynamic responses in the concentration range from 1 to 120 ng mL(-1) with a detection limit of 0.5 ng mL(-1). By simply altering the alkylated bases, this strategy can also be extended for the detection of other alkyltransferases."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Therefore, the developed strategy might provide an intrinsically convenient, sensitive and specific platform for alkyltransferase activate assay and related biochemical studies due to its label-free, homogeneous, and fluorescence-based detection format."
For more information on this research see: Target-mediated consecutive endonuclease reactions for specific and sensitive homogeneous fluorescence assay of O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase. Analytica Chimica Acta, 2013;804():252-257. Analytica Chimica Acta can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from D.V. Le, Ind Univ Hochiminh City, Fac Chem Engn,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign