Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "The mature peptide-coding cDNA fragment was extracted from Chinese mitten crap (Eriocheir sinensis), and then after using PCR to obtain the open reading frame, a recombinant plasmid designated pGEX-4T-1_ERP was successfully generated and showed to efficiently express the ERP fusion protein as determined by SDS-PAGE. The resulting expressed protein was successfully purified by a combination of affinity and conventional chromatographic methods. After purification, the recombinant protein showed the expected size of 41 kDa on SDS-PAGE gels which was further confirmed by mass spectrometry and western blotting. Purification of recombinant protein was achieved by fast protein liquid chromatography."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "About 2.4 mg/l recombinant protein with purity more than 80 % was obtained."
For more information on this research see: Expression and purification of ecdysteroid-regulated protein from Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis in E. coli. Molecular Biology Reports, 2013;40(12):6987-6995. Molecular Biology Reports can be contacted at: Springer, Van Godewijckstraat 30, 3311 Gz Dordrecht,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder