Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Pfizer, "We quantified isoforms of uridine-diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A and 2B in 12 commercially available recombinant UGTs (recUGTs) (n = 49 samples) using nano-ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry with selected reaction monitoring). Samples were trypsin-digested and analyzed using our previously published method. Two MRMs were collected per peptide and averaged. Where available, at least two peptides were measured per UGT isoform. The assay could detect UGTs in all recombinant preparations: recUGTs 1A1, 1A3, 1A4, 1A6, 1A7, 1A8, 1A9, 1A10, 2B4, 2B7, 2B15, and 2B17, with limit of detection below 1.0 pmol/mg protein for all isoforms. The assay had excellent linearity in the range observed (2-15.5 pmol/mg, after dilution). Examples of concentrations determined were 1465, 537, 538, 944, 865, 698, 604, 791, 382, 1149, 307, and 740 pmol/mg protein for the respective isoforms. There was a 6.9-fold difference between the maximum and minimum recUGT concentrations. The range of concentrations determined indicates that catalytic rates per mg total protein in vitro will not accurately reflect isoform inherent specific activity for a particular drug candidate. This is the first report of a targeted precise quantification of commercially available recUGTs."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The assay has potential for use in comparing UGT amounts with catalytic activity determined using probe substrates, thus allowing representation of catalysis as per pmol of UGT isoform."
For more information on this research see: Targeted Precise Quantification of 12 Human Recombinant Uridine-Diphosphate Glucuronosyl Transferase 1A and 2B Isoforms Using Nano-Ultra-High-Performance Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry with Selected Reaction Monitoring. Drug Metabolism and Disposition, 2013;41(12):2076-2080. Drug Metabolism and Disposition can be contacted at: Amer Soc Pharmacology Experimental Therapeutics,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Anions,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?