New analysis indicates that the key driver for smartphone uptake in Sub-Saharan Africa is clients increasing requirement to access the internet.
The technology firm found that 44% of inhabitants targets to get a smartphone with a view to surf the internet, with 34% wanting to go on social networking sites.
Our analysis shows that the entry of low-cost smartphone handsets in the market will allow people from different social classes to benefit from an integrated ecosystem.The smartphone will become key to accessing the internet, which we believe will change the regional status quo and enable a level of connectivity not seen before,
He added, Add to this the on-going installation of submarine cables and country/city fiber-optic networks across the continent, and we ll see a significant increase in the potential for connectivity and supporting infrastructure for greater data consumption.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana