Android users use no security on their devices -->
Only 58% of smartphone and 57% of tablet owners in the
Meanwhile, for cybercriminals Android is well-established as the top target among all mobile platforms. According to the
There are two main reasons why cybercriminals are interested in the Android platform: popularity and functionality. A malicious program can make a smartphone send text messages to premium-rate short numbers, thus stealing money from the user's account; it can turn the smartphone into a spying device, giving the fraudsters information about the device owner, including all calls, correspondence, passwords to social network and e-pay accounts, etc. In other words, all the communication, entertainment and computing capabilities of Android-based devices are just as popular with criminals as they are with regular users.
There's another serious risk which can have unpleasant consequences – the high probability of devices being lost or stolen. For many people smartphones and tablets have become the main place to store their favorite photos and videos, correspondence with friends and family, work-related documents and other valuable information which must not fall into the wrong hands.
Yet not even this rapid rise of threats can prevent Android from remaining a convenient and useful platform for many tasks. Therefore we advise users of Android-based devices to protect their smartphones and tablets with a high-quality Internet Security class solution.
Fixing Android security problems:
Personal data stored on a device is protected with the help of special functions capable of hiding private contacts, calls and texts. If your mobile device is lost or stolen, Kaspersky Internet Security for Android has a dedicated set of mechanisms that prevent crooks from accessing your personal data.
The free version contains basic antivirus functionality (user-activated scanning) and all remote device management facilities. Using the integrated in-app purchase system, users can upgrade to Premium level which, in addition to the free functionality, provides advanced antivirus mechanisms, including automatic scans of every downloaded app, real-time protection from emerging threats and web protection to combat phishing attacks. The premium version also includes features to manage personal information – including the option of hiding contacts, calls, messages and their history from prying eyes.
Kaspersky Internet Security for Android is available as a separate product on
* The company was rated fourth in the IDC rating Worldwide Endpoint Security Revenue by Vendor, 2012. The rating was published in the IDC report “Worldwide Endpoint Security 2013–2017 Forecast and 2012 Vendor Shares (IDC #242618,
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday