Shares of YRC Worldwide Inc. jumped Monday after the trucking company said it reached a deal to cut its debt by about $300 million . THE DEAL: The Overland Park, Kan. , company said it will raise money by selling $250 million in common stock to investors at $15 per share. Additionally, bondholders of about $50 million in debt due March 2015 will have their bonds converted to common stock for between $15 and $16.01 per share. YRC Worldwide is reducing debt to meet a condition some of its workers require to pass a contract. Members of the union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters , will vote Jan. 8 on whether to approve the contract. SHARES: Up $3.60 , or 24 percent, to $18.57 in afternoon trading Monday. Its shares have more than doubled from a year ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia