A new article from eMazzanti Technologies, an IT support and computer consultant in the
"Managed services can be generally defined as outsourcing day-to-day management responsibilities," said
Why a Managed Services Provider is Needed
Information technology (IT) systems are expected to meet high standards of operation, while offering 24/7 availability, security, and performance. In today’s environment, a business has to keep pace with the constant changes in IT, performance demands, and pressure to deliver competitive IT functionality. To meet these challenges, many organizations consider outsourcing their IT activities to be an attractive option.
What is a Managed Services Provider?
A Managed Services Provider (MSP) lets a company delegate specific IT operations to them. The MSP is then responsible for monitoring, managing and/or problem resolution for the IT systems and functions.
Managed services providers offer services such as:
• Alerts for virus and malware attacks; potential hardware and software issues
• Data backup and recovery for different devices (desktops, notebooks, servers, etc.)
• Software Patch management
• Data Security Basic services often start with a monitoring service which notifies a company of problems, but the company must resolve them on its own. More intensive services cover everything from alerts through problem resolution.
MSPs act as an extension of your IT department, taking care of routine IT infrastructure monitoring and management around the clock and freeing up your IT staff to focus on more important projects. An MSP proactively monitors and maintains your systems in order to help you avoid problems and downtime.
Outsourcing IT is not like outsourcing other services: the company maintains control of its IT. It decides what it wants the provider to take care of and what is handled internally by the company. In addition, the MSP subscription model gives the company more budget predictability.
Internal IT vs. MSPs
Sometimes it appears the easiest way to handle IT needs is by dedicating resources to having an in-house team of IT professionals. While this may seem like the most fiscally responsible move, it can end up costing more than hiring an MSP.
A technology professional with five years of experience may be worth
When a company hires its own IT staff, there are also challenges scheduling around vacation, training, and illness. An MSP provides full time IT coverage, but vacations, illness, and other absences don’t affect needed support.
Other related resource information
How to Select Outsourced IT
7 More Advantages of Managed IT
About eMazzanti Technologies
eMazzanti Technologies’ team of trained, certified experts provide 24x7 outsourced IT support to help ensure business productivity, address challenges of growth, cloud computing, mobility, critical business continuity and disaster recovery demands. The consultancy has special expertise in manufacturing, distribution, retail and PCI compliance, financial, architectural, engineering, construction, government, educational, legal services, accounting, marketing communications, and healthcare market segments, while maintaining high customer satisfaction levels. Flexible support plans range from fixed-fee, around-the-clock network management where eMazzanti functions as an extension of a businesses’ IT staff, to a custom-solution provided on an as-needed basis. eMazzanti serves the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/ITsupport/managedIT/prweb11424053.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill