The US markets were trading higher on Monday morning with the headline news coming from China . The long-awaited announcement that China Mobile (CHL) would offer Apple 's (AAPL) iPhone products to its customers was announced over the weekend, sending shares of both company's higher in trading today. Good morning this is Sayoko Murase with the Week Ahead Market Report for December 23, 2013 . In overseas trading, Japan 's Nikkei 225 Stock Average was closed and the Hang Seng advanced by 0.5% overnight. In Europe on Monday, the FTSE 100 was higher by 0.8% so far and the German DAX is higher by 0.7. In both earnings and economic news, the calendar will be light on the holiday shortened week. Join us on Friday for the Weekly Market Wrap and have a wonderful week. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201312WeekAhead122313&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March