Jack Dorsey, chairman of Twitter Inc. and CEO of Square Inc., has joined The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors.
Dorsey is a co-founder of Twitter and posted the world's first Tweet -- "just setting up my twttr," he wrote on March 21, 2006. Prior to becoming Twitter's chairman in 2008, he Dorsey was president and CEO.
"Jack Dorsey is a talented entrepreneur who has helped create groundbreaking new businesses in the social media and commerce spaces," said Robert A. Iger, Disney's chairman and CEO, in a news statement. "The perspective he brings to Disney and its Board is extremely valuable, given our strategic priorities, which include utilizing the latest technologies and platforms to reach more people and to enhance the relationship we have with our customers."
Dorsey also co-founded Square in 2009.
"I am honored and humbled to join the Disney Board," Dorsey said in a statement. "Disney is a timeless company, one we all grow up learning from and admiring."
Source: The Walt Disney Company
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas