A major global telecommunications firm,
Through this project, Airtel Lanka will raise its 3G presence beyond 1,000 towers and 2G presence beyond 1,800 towers all over the island. The expansion project features the expansion of transmission network.
As per the project, Airtel will progress with the deployment of robust and world-class network infrastructure and equipment boosting its customers high speed data connectivity and mobile internet experience.
Bharti Airtel Lanka s Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
Goonewardene added, When it comes to Mobile Internet, Airtel will be the brand loved by all Sri Lankans whether they are prepaid or post-paid customers residing in any part of the country. We have launched customized internet packages and tailor-made handset bundle offers (HBOs), which all Sri Lankans will have the propensity to use. We have also started increasing the number of customer touch points thus giving our customer accessibility to the range of data services which is fresh, youthful, current and innovative.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation