Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday invited Qatarís petroleum and gas companies to invest in Pakistanís oil and gas exploration and production sector. Talking to Sheikh Falah Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al-Thani , Chairman Board of Directors of Doha Group , the PM said Pakistanís vibrant economic sector offered an investment-friendly environment to Qatarís investors. The PM said Qatar was a principal player in the world energy market especially in the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and Pakistan would welcome co-operation with Qatar in the energy sector. He said both the two countries had great potential to increase the existing level of bilateral trade. "We wish to promote, diversify and strengthen relations in all fields of our bilateral relations," PM added. PM Sharif said Pakistan attached great importance to its close and cordial relations with Qatar and values its contribution to regional peace and stability. He expressed good wishes for the Emir of Qatar and said that under his sagacious stewardship, Qatar had played its positive role in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11