An Israeli promoter for the Pixies says the American alternative rock band will perform in Israel next summer — four years after the band canceled a concert following a deadly Israeli raid on a pro-Palestinian Turkish aid flotilla to Gaza.
The Nidar Oz publicity group said Monday the Pixies canceled its 2010 concert because of the "tense security situation." It didn't elaborate why the band has decided to perform in Israel now.
A number of high-profile musicians have refused to perform in Israel due to its policies toward the Palestinians, including British rockers Elvis Costello and Roger Waters.
The Pixies' website list an appearance with American rockers Soundgarden in Tel Aviv on June 17 and 18.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Pixies to perform in Israel
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad