A mobile phone application which can assist clinicians perform fast and accurate diagnosis of skin cancers and ailments has been developed by IIT Kharagpur students,
The application `ClipOCam-Derma’ which can be used on any smart-phone has been developed in the
”Being a portable and affordable solution, it can be used by trained health care workers to reach out to elderly and patients in mobility restricted areas for health care delivery,“ Sheet said.
The mobile app, which will be launched in the market after regulatory approvals, can help physicians speed up diagnosis and handle more patients within a shorter time. Along with the mobile app, a clip-on device is attached to the handset which illuminates the patient’s skin using a colourful flash while the phone camera takes a sequence of images.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference