New Horizons has introduced first international biometric certification programme in
The information technology training firm said the certification programme has become necessary in view of the recent adoption of biometric technologies by the Central Banks of
Biometrics is used in computer science as a form of identification and access control. It is a form of recognition and identity confirmation that uses physical attributes of an individual that are impossible or at least hard to mask.
Common forms of biometrics include facial recognition, fingerprinting, retinal scans and DNA analysis. While previously cost prohibitive, concerns over terrorism and security have made many world governments and private organizations implement the technology at least on a limited scale.
The Managing Director of New Horizons, Mr
He disclosed that each program according to New Horizons consists of instructional material prepared by experts and practitioners which is followed by a certification exam.
Akano informed that on passing the exam participants will receive the certification.
He said: "We have the infrastructure to administer the instructional material through virtual live seminars or on-site and customer site instructor led seminars. These certifications are designed for both novice and as well as experienced networking and IT security professionals who wish to gain a solid understanding of Biometric Technologies and as well usage of Biometrics in the real world applications."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO