Item 1.01. Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement. On December 18, 2013 , Duke Energy Corporation (the "Corporation") and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Duke Energy Carolinas, LLC , Duke Energy Florida, Inc. , Duke Energy Indiana, Inc. , Duke Energy Kentucky, Inc. , Duke Energy Ohio, Inc. , and Duke Energy Progress, Inc. , entered into an amendment to the $6,000,000,000 Credit Agreement, dated as of November 18, 2011 , among the Corporation and each of such subsidiaries, as Borrowers, the lenders listed therein, Wells Fargo Bank, National Association , as Administrative Agent, Bank of America, N.A . and The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, as Co-Syndication Agents, and Bank of China, New York Branch, Barclays Bank PLC, Citibank, N.A ., Credit Suisse AG, Cayman Islands Branch, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A ., The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. and UBS Securities LLC , as Co-Documentation Agents. The credit facility was originally described and filed in the Corporation's Form 8-K dated November 25, 2011 . The amendment was entered into primarily to increase the maximum borrowing sublimit available to the Corporation from $2,250,000,000 to $3,000,000,000 , and to extend the termination date of the facility by approximately one year, to December 18, 2018 . The total amount of $6,000,000,000 available under the Credit Agreement did not change. The disclosure in this Item 1.01 is qualified in its entirety by the provisions of the amendment to the Credit Agreement, which is attached hereto as Exhibit 10.1 and is incorporated herein by reference. Item 9.01. Financial Statements and Exhibits (d) Exhibits. 10.1 Amendment No. 1 and Consent, dated as of December 18, 2013 , among Duke Energy Corporation , Duke Energy Carolinas, LLC , Duke Energy Ohio, Inc. , Duke Energy Indiana, Inc. , Duke Energy Kentucky, Inc. , Duke Energy Progress, Inc. (f/k/a Progress Energy Carolinas, Inc. ) and Duke Energy Florida , Inc. (f/k/a Progress Energy Florida, Inc. ), the Lenders party hereto, the Issuing Lenders party hereto, Wells Fargo Bank, National Association , as Administrative Agent and Swingline Lender 2 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO