"Big Chill" brings holiday cheer to
By Lance Cpl. Unique Roberts |
The annual MAG-14 Big Chill event brought together Marines and Sailors from all MAG-14 squadrons for a night of food, games and esprit de corps. Planned by the aircraft group's
"I do believe the goal was accomplished because it gave us an opportunity to meet and interact with our fellow Marines within the MAG and not just the ones we see on a daily basis," said Sgt.
Marines in attendance feasted on turkey, ham, green beans, macaroni and cheese, and sweet potatoes. Home cooked fare is sometimes a rare treat for Marines who call the barracks home, according to Cpl.
"The dinner was delicious," said Tuthill, a chemical biological radiological and nuclear defense specialist with
After the meal, the Marines socialized and played games. There were several contests, including snowman making, Oreo and pie eating, and a competition for the ugliest sweater. Winners received prizes including candy and
The event gave
"I would love to see more Marines getting involved and showing up to events like this," said Tuthill.
For more information about future Single Marine Program events, contact your unit SMP representative or visit http://mccscherrypoint.com/programs/single-marines-program/.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict