"We should create the conditions when no less than 13-14 tons of gold will be produced at the Kumtor mine next year," economist Bazarbai Mambetov said at the parliamentary hearings on December 24 . "We fully support launch of around 30 processing industry enterprises in Issyk-Kul region. The Parliament should cancel its law ratifying restated conditions on Kumtor project, the law passed during Bakiev's presidency," the economist said. "All production facilities at the Kumtor mine should be kept. Managers should also work. All goods necessary for production should be bought by the Kumtor Operating Company only in Kyrgyzstan ," he added. The company should immediately start construction of new tailings, not on the site of two rivers Ara and Bel, it totally destroyed, the expert suggested.
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California