The new capabilities, in combination with other solutions, will enable abilities such as dynamically routing traffic for optimal performance on a wireless network; enhancing security for application traffic flows through detection of unwanted application or traffic patterns; and improved delivery of applications in software defined data centres.
"These capabilities ensure that OmniSwitch solutions are open and will work seamlessly with the company's partner ecosystem and industry SDN leaders' solutions," said
OpenFlow support and OpenStack integration are available now on the Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch product via a free software upgrade or at no additional charge when a new system is purchased.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy