ENP Newswire -
Release date- 20122013 - Research into the development of industrial products from plants at
The Networks are funded by the
This network, which includes over 50 academic and industrial members, will provide a platform to bring together academic and industrial experts involved in innovation, manufacturing and supply chains within the industrial biotechnology sector.
It will focus on integrating entire bio-refining processes, from initial feedstock through to the generation and delivery of products. Feedstocks will include non-food crops and agricultural and industrial waste-streams.
The network will provide funding for small proof of concept projects that will address bottlenecks to commercialisation and will form the basis of bids into the
Welcoming the announcement, Dr Gallagher said; 'This is an exciting opportunity to bring together expertise and resources from both academia and business to support the bio-economy by addressing major challenges in industrial biotechnology.'
Minister for Universities and Science
'They provide a new opportunity for the research community to make significant contributions to the
IBERS receives strategic research funding from the BBSRC to support long term mission driven research, and is a member of the
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com]
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels