That date had been set earlier as the deadline for implementation.
The TRA also said it was giving the two providers until
The regulator said that the service would be "promoting greater levels of competition" and "improving the level of service available for consumers". The TRA says mobile-phone penetration in the
Analysts say that the introduction of MNP will probably not have a big effect on the two operators' share of mobile subscriptions.
"MNP has not had a big impact when it has been introduced in markets with similar characteristics to the
"That's not to say the operators can or should ignore it, and we are likely to see a lot of marketing activity designed to retain existing customers and encourage customers of the rival – particularly higher-value customers – to defect,"
Most Popular Stories
- BofA CEO Gets a 77 Percent Pay Bump
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Rand Paul Tells Rivals to Peddle Their Own Ideas
- Boeing Shares Fall on New Dreamliner Delay
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Ukraine Says Russia Can't Have Crimea
- Gazprom Warns Ukraine to Pay Its Gas Bill
- FBI Investigating For-Profit Prison Company
- Alan Mulally Gets Big Payday From Ford