The World Bank has approved a $300million loan for Morocco in an effort to back the North-African kingdom's green growth and sustainable development approach.A statement of the World Bank indicates that this loan is the first of the series of two aimed at facilitating the diversification of income in the rural areas while enhancing the management of natural resources. According to the Director of the international financial institution's operations in Maghreb, Simon Gray , Morocco has chosen to make green economy one of its top development strategies in a bid to establish a resilient and strong economy. He added that the program will allow the adoption of sustainable agricultural development and develop new sectors such as ecotourism and fish-breeding which are likely to create job and diversify the income in rural zones.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference