Investigating the current state of the market, the report reveals the market share of mobile phones in the
According to the report, during the third quarter of this year, 46% of handsets registered on
In smartphone model rankings, the iPhone 5 was the nation's most commonly used smartphone, accounting for 2.8% of the total handsets registered. The Samsung S3 was the second most popular handset with 2.5% of the market share, followed by iPhone 4S (2.3%), iPhone 4 and BlackBerry 9900 (both 1.8%); Samsung S4 (1.6%); Galaxy S Duos (1.2); BlackBerry Bold 9790 (1.1%) and BlackBerry Bold 9780 (1.0%).
The report indicates that 56.2% of all handsets registered on
In terms of general handset models, the
During the third quarter, users of smartphones and fixed Internet services in the
In terms of social media,
"The report provides results that will be of interest both to the public and, crucially, the manufacturers who supply the communications technology our nation has come to depend on," said HE Mohamed Nasser Al Ghanim, director general, TRA.
"Providing very distinct analysis of consumer adoption, the research reflects the nation's dynamic ecosystem in which both feature phones and smartphones are driving sustained telecommunications sector growth."
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California