A 4million (nearly £3.4 million), milestone energy industry research project designed to address the key issue of improving oil recovery from reservoirs has been launched.
The project, which is a pioneering partnership between Lloyd's Register Energy, Senergy, the
The program, called as Project OPTION, aims to align current reservoir simulation models with and high-performance inflow and wellbore flow simulators.
On meeting with success, even a 1% rise in oil recovery from Danish fields would signify an estimated value of
Senior Vice President Technology at Lloyd's Register Energy, Claus Myllerup, said: 'We are delighted to have been awarded funding from the
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down