The v2010 boasts top performance and maximum flexibility within the ultra high-speed 1-megapixel Phantom family of cameras, which was pioneered by the v1210 and v1610 models. These top-of-their-class cameras represent three of the world’s fastest CMOS-based digital cameras featuring feature high definition and widescreen 1280 x 800 CMOS sensors.
“The launch of the Phantom v2010 is another example of Vision Research’s commitment to bring innovative products to the digital high-speed imaging market,” notes
At ultra high speeds, memory can become a limiting factor in camera performance because of the huge amount of data that is acquired, but not with the Phantom v2010. It can be configured with 24GB, 48GB, or 96GB of memory. That memory can be segmented into as many as 63 partitions. This allows for the continuous shooting of back-to-back shots without the need for constant downloading. The v2010 also offers 12-bit pixel depth standard, which yields high dynamic range and provides excellent image quality. Internal fans keep the camera cool, especially during outdoor use, but they can be temporarily switched to the ‘off’ position for applications that are sensitive to vibration, such as microscopy.
Phantom CineMag Workflow
As with its predecessors, the v2010 comes standard with Vision Research’s breakthrough CineMag interface, which allows the user to save a high-speed shot from camera memory to non-volatile storage in a matter of seconds. With the ability to save 1GB/s of data to an attached CineMag, a 96GB shot can be saved in about 1.5 minutes. With a CineMag mounted on the camera, a user can continue to conduct tests and experiments without having to download large amounts of data over Ethernet, resulting in a huge time savings.
The camera includes built-in on-camera controls (OCC), which allow most of its settings to be managed with the turn of a knob. This eliminates the need for connection to a PC or laptop for camera control.
Phantom v2010 Outputs and Inputs
The Phantom v2010’s connections are conveniently located on the back panel of the camera. These include timecode, dual power inputs, HD-SDI, GPS input, camera synchronization, and trigger.
Additional High Performance Features:
• Full Resolution 1280 x 800 imaging
• Image-Based Auto-Trigger
• 10Gb Ethernet port
• Internal Mechanical Shutter
• SMPTE & IRIG timecode, Genlock, Ready, and Strobe Outputs
• Frame Synchronization to internal or external clock (FSYNC)
• HD-SDI video outputs
• Component Viewfinder Port
• Nikon F-mount lens connection with Canon EOS, PL, and C mounts available
The Phantom v2010 will begin shipping in early
Over the course of its 60+ year history,
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11441595.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset