Symantec Corp. said Friday that its acting chief financial officer, Andrew Del Matto , is leaving the company at the end of the year for the CFO job at network security company Fortinet Inc. Symantec , the security software maker, named Don Rath as interim CFO starting on Jan. 2 . Rath is the company's vice president of global tax. Rath joined Symantec in August 2012 and previously held senior tax and finance roles with software company Synopsys Inc. and others. Del Matto was named acting CFO in September after Symantec's previous CFO, James Beer , left the company for another job. Symantec said it expects to name a permanent CFO within the next 30 to 60 days. "We've made substantial progress in the search for our permanent CFO, which we launched in October, and have identified several promising individuals from among the pool of candidates," said Symantec President and CEO Steve Bennett in a statement. Shares of Symantec , which is based in Mountain View, Calif. , slipped 48 cents to close at $22.51 Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO